Ms. W didn’t make me wait until tomorrow. She called me this afternoon to let me know that she has chosen me for one of the two available positions! The best part was that she sounded as excited as I felt. 😀
So now the real test is this: Because of the state their offices are in and all the repairs they need to make, the position won’t start for another four to five weeks. I could go forward with the other interview tomorrow, but that position is seasonal while this one is full-time for at least one year. I also feel that the new skills I will obtain with this one are more in line with my long term goals.
I need to figure out how we’re going to make it from here to there. It’s scary, but that’s the way of things. There’s always one more hurdle to jump. And then another…
I told Tom that if his disability claim goes through, and we get the opportunity to breathe again, then I will get Morrigan the dog she’s been begging for since she was three. Her birthday is in April. Who knows what our world will look like then? I sure don’t, but I can dream.