The always wonderful Melissa wants to know how one goes about linking to a particular blogger in the body of a post. This post is a step-by-step answer to her question. Feel free to scroll by if you already know how to do this.
Here are the steps (Windows — Sorry, if I had a Mac I’d write instructions for it. Linux, too. Oh, man, I want to build a Linux machine someday…):
1. Open the blog of the person you want to link to. If you want to link to a specific post or page, open that post or page. For instance, this time I am going to link your name above to your “Me” page, so that’s the one I’m going to open. Then I’m going to highlight the page address in the navigation bar and copy it (Ctrl + C)
2. Next, you go to the page where you are writing your post and highlight the word you want to link:
3. With the appropriate text highlighted, click on the Insert/edit link button:
4. A new window will open. Paste the address you copied earlier into the URL field. You can also change the text that appears when someone mouses over your link and choose to have the link automatically open in a new tab if the reader left-clicks the link:
5. Click the Add Link button:
6. The text should now be underlined, and it should have changed color. If you want to test your links, save your post as a draft and then view the post.
And that’s all, folks! I hope it helps. Let me know if you have questions.